Turkey Burgers With Cauliflower Buns Recipe
It's time for a twist on an old classic, turkey burgers! Instead of classic buns, we're going to make cauliflower buns. This may sound weird at first but trust us, after your first bite you'll be hooked!
Whether you're looking to cut down on grains, don't eat gluten or are just looking to mix it up, cauliflower buns are an excellent bread substitute to throw in your repertoire. In this recipe we mix garlic and oregano into the bun mix, but feel free to experiment with different spices and flavorings if you're pairing the buns with different types of meats and veggies.
You can also use the buns for sandwiches and as a side for other dishes. Try making breakfast sandwiches
with them too, they will not disappoint.
This easy turkey burger recipe is paleo friendly, low carb, grain free, gluten free and delicious.
Let's start with the cauliflower buns. I recommend getting the buns started first so they can cool while you cook the burger patties.
Recipe makes 2 servings (4 buns). Macros for 1 serving of buns (2 buns): 9g carbs(5g fiber), 1g fat, 7g protein.
- 2 cups of grated or "riced" cauliflower (you can do this with grater or in food processor/blender until it looks like "rice"
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1/4tsp garlic powder, 1/4tsp oregano, 1/8tsp salt
- Start by beating the egg whites, spices & coconut flour
- Add in your cauliflower slowly mixing as you add
- Form into 4 circles in your hands & place on a lined baking sheet
- Bake at 400F for about 15 min and then broil for 5 min until golden brown
- Flip half way through
- Place onto a cooling rack
Macros per patty: 95 calories, 2g carbs, 1g fat, 19g protein.
- 8 oz extra lean ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- Chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
Form the patties with your hands and grill them for about 7-9 min on each side depending the thickness of patty.
Place onto the cauliflower buns with whatever toppings you choose and enjoy!